The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Six

Pin It
"Muted"
Oil, 6" x 6"
NFS

One of my goals during this challenge is to try a different color palette. I am experimenting with a more muted palette. It has been interesting to say the least. I have found that I mix what I think is a muted palette but when it hits the canvas the colors are still really bright. I am learning I need to be patient and enjoy this learning process. It's frustrating but also eye opening.

I am back home and once again in the company of my small palette knives and 35mm camera. Yay! Tomorrow I will start some larger paintings and I am so excited. It's will be great to be in my studio all day for the next 24 days.

Unfortunately I also have a huge to do list that I need to start focusing on. If I hope to achieve my goals for 2014 I am going to need to spend at least two hours a day working on these items on my list. So it's going to be a very busy month. And year. 

I am still getting emails and blog and facebook post from many of you about how this Challenge has improved your sales. And to think, we are only on Day Six! Congratulations!

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. I am now teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails