The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twenty Five

Pin It
"The Duo"
Oil, 12" x 12" on stretched canvas
$550.00
Click here to purchase.


Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me


#25 - I love being an artist. But the thing I like the most about about being an artist is teaching.

There is a lot more to teaching workshops than teaching painting. I believe that workshops can and should be about understanding the joy of painting. We are so blessed to be able to share a part of ourselves in every painting we create. And I love being able to share this belief with my workshop students.

I am currently in the middle of teaching a five day workshop in Ventura. There are eight of us here and four gals are staying with me in our beach house. We have painted everyday. Plein air and at the house. We have painted small and large. We have painted still life and boats. We have hung around the breakfast table (in our robes) and have talked. And talked. We have laughed, ate, drank wine, ate, laughed and drank more wine. We have eaten lunch on the beach almost every day. We even decorated a cake (it's a long but very funny story!). We have shared some very thought provoking stories and made new friends. This week has been incredible, motivating and heart warming. I truly feel as if I have seven new yet very close friends.

And that's why I love teaching.

Check out these beautiful paintings from yesterday's class.


Next week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to find out more.

 www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails