The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days - Day 4

Pin It
"Sunset Reflections"
Oil, 12" x 12" on canvas panel.
Click here to purchase. I'll even ainclude a beautidul frame with purchase.

The Day Four Challenge is to set up a few Google Alerts. What is a google alert? Google Alerts are email updates sent to you of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your queries. A google alert is a great way to monitor what is being said on the internet about a particular topic.

So why do you need a google alert? It is important to know when there is news about something important to you on the web. Some things you should set up a google alert for are:
1. your name
2. any art galleries you are in or would like to be in
3. a particular style of painting, medium or subject matter that you would like to stay informed about.
4. Anything else that interest you.

To set up a google alert just go to this page and create as many as you want. You can determine how much information you want to receive and often you want to receive the alerts. Google alerts are a great way to keep updated on what is happening on the web. I like the alerts because they let me know when my name is mentioned on a blog and I can then comment and thank the author for the shout outs!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops and my webinARTs classes.

1 comment:

Rosie Phillips said...

Thanks to a previous AHA show, I picked up this tip and have used it. It's always interesting to see that someone is googling you! I did just go to my alert page and added some ,ore alerts beside my name.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails