The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Resting

Pin It
"Resting"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase this painting.

Resting. Hmmm. What's that?
I was talking to an artist on the phone today about marketing and I was telling her about how much work it takes to successfully market your art. It's a constant task for me and I estimate it takes at least two hours every day to successfully market my art. Fortunately I love it. So it's fun and something I look forward to doing. 
But resting is a word I haven't really figured out how to incorporate in to my daily schedule. At night when I sit and watch a sporting event or TV program I get restless if I don't have my laptop or ipad on my lap. I think it's called multi-tasking and it makes me happy. But "resting" it is not.
So tomorrow, once I have finished my task list (which consists of printing workshop demo photos, embroidering eight aprons, sending out my newsletter, finalizing my really cool AND NEW 30 day challenge and packing) then I am going to try to relax. 
Or maybe I will paint. Hmmm.

Don't forget to post your two favorite paintings from the week here!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails