The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sunlit Sunflowers

Pin It
"Sunlight Sunflower"
Oil, 12" x 12"
$550.00 with display easel
Click here to purchase.

Taking a month off from painting boats last month has forced me to discover some new subject material. Until this year I have hardly ever painted flowers. In fact, I have probably painted them less that five times total. Why? I have no idea. No clue.

How dumb am I? I had the time of my life painting this painting. Sunflowers in a glass with some awesome shadows? With a palette knife of course. I want to paint more paintings like this!

I mentioned I had another photo shoot this past weekend. I took about two hundred photos of lots of flowers in vases, vegetables and even cupcakes! So get ready for roses, more sunflowers, gerber daisies, hydrangeas, tulips and who knows what else.

It's very fun to mix it up a bit.

Webinarts courses start again in March. Use the discount code intro20 to save $20 on the registration fee. 

I just added new workshops in Indianapolis and Charlotte this year. Check them out!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

2 comments:

Maria Baluis said...

Nice composition. I like the way the flower on the right pulls you into the painting, and the way you cropped the flower on the left.

Mermaid Sue said...

Lovely. And I agree with you - as much as I love flowers I rarely paint them! Maybe that's MY next assignment. It's on my list no doubt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails