The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon - SOLD

Pin It
"Lazy Sunday Afternoon"
Oil, 36" x 36" 
Sold.

I shipped this painting off today. It was one of my "Larger Painting" specials. It's a pretty big size ... 36" square. I love to paint larger paintings but I am a bit amazed by the quantity of paint needed for these bigger palette knife paintings. That reminds me ... in my workshop in Atlanta a few weeks ago one of my students commented that I wiped off almost as much paint as I put on my canvas. As a palette knife painter, I do not use any terps ... just my knife and a paper towel. I usually wipe my blade after every stroke. Maybe I need to re-think this and find a way to save my paint! Kidding ...

8 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful painting and I can see why it sold- Congratulations! I like the peaceful feel of this one!

Unknown said...

Wonderful painting! Looking forward to 2/24/2011's show. Your show are so helpful. Thanks so much for doing them!

Gabe said...

una visione ammaliante e poetica. complimenti per il risultato

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Beautiful, Leslie.
Feels like a lazy afternoon.
Perfect title.

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

Beautiful painting - your comment about the amount of paint needed got me thinking - could you first wipe the blade on an extra palette and save it for greys and then use a paper towel? I often save my paint in the freezer on a glass palette and keep my greys for at least a little while. Hope you don't mind the free advice :)

Jen Beaudet said...

Beautiful painting! I can relate to you about wasting precious oil paints! I have yet to do anything larger than 36" although everyone says to do some larger pieces! It takes so much paint and it's a gamble. I think I'm going to break out the old acrylics:)
Jennifer

Lisa Daria said...

Beautiful! Can't get over the size, would love to see this technique in person this large! Do you mix your paint on a palette or the directly on the canvas?

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Didn't Kelley tell you about the caulking tube size paint tubes?
I love listening to the archives of the show when I'm painting or on the computer.
The painting rocks and you're selling like crazy...so...what you do it working!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails