The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Good Life - SOLD

Pin It
The Good Life
Oil, 6" x 6" on museum quality canvas panel.
Sold.
Close-up of palette knife strokes
The Good Life ... that's how I look at it. It's a new year and it's going to be a good one. I can just tell. I am blessed with an amazing family and husband who let me pursue my "late in life" discovered obsession with oil painting. Actually ... I am obsessed with palette knife painting to be a bit more specific.
So ... I know this painting is colorful (probably too much for some of you out there - you know who you are ...) but I am having a great day. So I decided to take the colors to the next level. Why not?
Oh ... and did I forget to mention that Stanford won the Orange Bowl game last night? Smile.

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Continuez à m'enivrer de vos couleurs... moi j'aime ça... et j'aime bien être comme votre barque... tranquille dans mon atelier pour peindre...
Bisous

Art with Liz said...

Love the colour Leslie! And a great painting.

Victor Errington said...

Leslie, this is an absolutely beautiful painting. Apart from the brilliant Drawing, ( I always look at the drawing ) The colouring is fantstic. I have a photo somwhere of a scip, is that what you call them? And I will try to produce a painting something like yours. All the best Leslie.
Vic.

Marilyn R Miller said...

Congratulations on Stanford's win! And on the great color in this painting!!! I zoomed in really close to see if the violet was an undercolor or on top....Beautiful!
Also noted that on your signature, the "T" is crossed before the stem is made... interesting! Thank you for all your inspiration!

Debi Murray said...

Beautiful Leslie - thank you for all your inspiration!

Dee Doyle said...

LOVE the colors! Have already chosen one of my 2011 favs. This is it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails