The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Color Reflections

Pin It
"Color Reflections"
Oil, 6" x 6" on museum quality panel.
$200 with display easel.
Close up view of palette knife
Every once in a while I get in a loose, kind of sloppy mood for painting. I have no idea what predicates this ... my mood ... the weather ... the stars? Tee hee. Today was one of those days and I just decided to go for it. I really like the painting and the colors kind of jump off the painting.  I use to comment in my workshops that Cad Orange was my favorite color. But I have grown away from that ... and now I absolutely love the combination of cad orange, alizrin and cad yellow. I could paint all day with these three colors ... Maybe I should. Go out and try it!

7 comments:

Gabe said...

what fine colours!!ciao

Gwen Bell said...

WOW! I think this is my very favorite of yours. (seems like I'm always saying that.)The colors are fantastic. Love the way the background suggests a tree reflection. Oh, and that spot of turquoise on the side of the boat...perfect!

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Gabe. And Gwen ... I am so glad you like the tree reflections. I was hoping someone would figure that out!

Marian Fortunati said...

Maybe it was cleaning all of the egg off your floors and walls.
Pretty just the same.

Leslie Saeta said...

Marian - you are too funny. But yu are probably right ...

Pamela Gatens said...

Leslie - very nice! Your color sense is sooooo good. Nice composition too, by the way!

Nancy Goldman said...

I really like this 'sloppy mood' painting. It has so much energy and I like how you've repeated the boat color in the background.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails