The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chit Chat

Pin It
"Chit Chat"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 with display easel.

So, I have painted a lot of boats this summer and I am thinking it is time to mix it up a bit. So, beginning next week you will see new material. That's right. I am moving outside of my comfort zone.
So ... help me out guys. Please let me know what you think I should paint. Just remember I am working exclusively with a palette knife, I really like bright colors and I LOVE reflections. Other than that, I am all open to your suggestions. Let the comments begin!

6 comments:

Erik van Elven said...

What a great title for a painting! ;)

A few ideas off the top of my head:
-Seascapes
-Sunsets
-A series with just red,or blue or yellow objects
-Beachscenes
-Some cityscenes from Google Streetview (for examples see http://virtualpaintout.blogspot.com/

-furniture

Debi Murray said...

The flowers you've done lately have been great - but my 2 favorite paintings are the Pharmacy and City Hall Reflections - so maybe city scenes, similar to your Headlines show?

Sally Shisler said...

But I LOVE this!! Where the edge of the reflection of the red boat meets the reflection of the sky, you know - where the red paint bleeds into the blue - marvelous!!

Marian Fortunati said...

Leslie... It won't matter WHAT you paint... it's all lovely!!
I tried to view your video ... even downloaded the apple movie thing.. but still never have seen the video...
You mentioned somewhere that it is on U-Tube... Could you provide a link???

pretty please???????

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Love this painting. How about some still life set up on a glass surface? As in some wine bottles, glasses, etc? Catalina Island? Summer fun with pool floats, etc reflections in water? Can't wait to see what you do paint--I know it will be fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails