The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Front Porch

Pin It
"The Front Porch"
Oil, 8" x 8"
Available at SoPas Gallery

Memorial is the day we honor the heroes who gave their lives protecting our beautiful country. Although it is a day often filled with barbecues, swimming and spending time with friends, we all should take a moment to remember those who bravely fought to allow us to live in such an amazing place. God Bless America!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie...you are absolutely right! lovely painting, which I can personally say, looks even more fab in person!

Marian Fortunati said...

Nicely done!!

Perfect for the weekend!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful painting and the sentiment is right on. We all need to remember every day that we are living such beautiful lives because others are defending our right to do so.
We need to be cognizant of the suffering around us.

Karen Bruson said...

Lovely painting and very nice tribute.

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Perfectly lovely painting with great sentiments--I forwarded this on to my sister-in-law and her husband who has had two tours of duty in Iraq. Great work! (as usual...:))

Margaret said...

This painting reminds me of Bay View, MI. It is an old Methodist "summer camp" with victorian "cottages" situated on the edge of Lake Michigan. These houses are only used 6 months out of the year and boarded up during the winter. The owners paint these grand dames beautiful colors and all have porches - some front & back and on July 4th, the flags are waving. I will be visiting this summer and I plan on snapping away with my camera... I will post them on my blog. This flag & porch you painted are very charming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails