The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm - SOLD

Pin It
"The Calm Before the Storm"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
Sold.

I decided that today I would use the same reference photo that I used for my demo last Saturday. I wanted to try a smaller one in my usual "daily" 6" x 6" size. I brightened up the water a bit and also opted for the yellow highlight on the boat on the left. The photograph of the painting could be better but I am in a rush. I need to leave for the airport to pick up my oldest son. He is home for three days for a swim meet ... and then back to Stanford for dead week and finals. The calm before the storm ... perhaps?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you mixed it up a bit. i like it. especially the yellow boat on the left and the turquoise in the water. All good!

hmuxo said...

I love this picture as well as "In front of the Golden Gate". Both have such beautiful color. You have such talent and I'm enjoying your blog. Very informative. Thank you.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful painting! Love the colors!

Adventures in Art said...

Beautiful! I love the turquoise water with the boats. I jealous of your water reflections.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

slam bangin'!!
My favorite subject of yours and the knife work is killer (hmm that sounds strange) :D

Anonymous said...

This is my 'new' favorite LSaeta boat painting!! Just marvelous! Julie Reagan

Marian Fortunati said...

I am going to have to listen to those radio programs, Leslie... I keep missing them.
Have fun with your son!!

Margaret said...

The soft purple is really nice with the water color. So serene and summery. When we lived in Northern Michigan, I loved walking the boat docks in Petoskey, MI (Little Traverse Bay) - just off of Lake Michigan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails