The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sailing Away

Pin It
"Sailing Away"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
Sold.

I finished another commission today and am about ready to send the photo off to the client. I managed to paint this one too, as I had a little spare time this afternoon. The boys went to the beach (with girlfriends) so it was very quiet today. Needless to day, there were no distractions at all! Kind of a reminder of what it will be like in a month when the boys are back to school and my oldest is off to college ... sob ...
Congratulations to Edward Burton as he was the luck winner of the free painting giveaway this month. Out of 696 entries, number 146 was selected (on http://www.random.com/) and he was the lucky one! I will be sending off your painting this weekend!

6 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Love the strong colour in this one :)

Edward Burton said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Leslie - wonderful colors and nicely composed. I look forward to receiving the painting. Thank you, Leslie!

elizabeth arnett said...

I love the orange!! Beautiful painting!
Hope you enjoy the last few days of summer, Leslie.

John said...

Hi Leslie,
Your work is very original. I love the brushstrokes.

Mitzi Easley said...

Love the complimentary palette! It is truly inspirational what you do with a palette knife and so few pigments... Well done Leslie!

Gwen Bell said...

You know I love all your work, but this one just sings! That gorgeous orange against that white and blue is stunning. I know you client is overjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails