The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Greetings from Europe!

Pin It We have been in Europe for six days. We spent four amazing days in Paris and toured about everything possible ... we took a four hour bike ride (on our arrival day with no sleep), saw all the churches, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Versailles and the Musee D"Orsay ... twice! I was so memorized at the D"Orsay and the up close view of the impressionists paintings. Looking at the brush strokes of a Monet, Manet and Renoir is simply an incredible experience.
We are now in Rome and spent most of today at the Vatican. I did find the funniest bit of trivia today ... the reason you are not allowed to take pictures of the Sistine Chapel is because Fuji Film owns the photo rights! I am not kidding ... the Roman church sold the rights to pay for the recent restoration. Too funny!
I have taken hundreds of photos, including this one. In fact I think I have 50 that look like this one ... so there will be no shortage of material to paint when I return. We board the cruise tomorrow and we sail from Rome to Venice for a week. So ... lots of boat pictures I am sure! Yeah!!!

10 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Hey Leslie...

Go visit my brother-in-law, Roberto Fortunati, when you are in Venezia!!! Seriously... He'll tell you all the good places to go.
His glass shop is right around the corner from St. Mark's Square and he's a really great guy. It's called Marco Polo International....
San Marco Frezzeria 1644 Venice, ITALIA 30124
Phone: 011 39 41 5229295

Seriously.....!!!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

What a fabulous trip and how wonderful to take photos knowing that you have oodles of material to paint from when you get home. Like having a double vacation!

Dana Cooper said...

You are a lucky girl...wish I could have sneaked into your suitcase! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Edward Burton said...

Sounds like you're having an outstanding time in Europe --- you're going to LOVE Venice!

Karen said...

OH how amazing to take a trip like that!! Enjoy every minute of it! Soak it all in (and do some soaking for me, too). :)

Karen Bruson said...

Leslie, Glad you're having a great time. Venice is my favorite!!

Sandra Galda said...

miss seeing your art each day....have a wonderful trip!

Vicki Shuck said...

I miss your paintings, too, but sure look forward to seeing what you do when you get home!! Have a beautiful trip!

L.Holm said...

Sounds like a blast. Can't wait to see your European paintings! :-)
Fun travels, Leslie.

workhard said...

Looking at artwork of the Great Artists must have been real breathtaking, especially the Impressionists.. Their paintings are so refreshing to look at.. Im sure France and Rome must have been such an experience and inspiration to paint.. I would love to spend some time in France and paint the picturesque streets and alleys... They make good subjects..

Very nice picture..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails