The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting in Lahaina

Pin It
" Waiting in Lahaina"
6" x 6", Oil on canvas panel.
$150 unframed.
Email me if you are interested.

I saw lots of boats on my trip to Maui last week. I actually took this photo a few years back but it seemed like a good one to paint today!

13 comments:

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Nice reflections and knife work!

abhi said...

Yes the reflection looks nice



Regards abhi

Edward Burton said...

Beautiful job, Leslie.

Becky Brocato said...

this is wonderful. i love the pop of that red sail on the left.

Robin Roberts said...

I really like the way you "design" the painting for eye flow. As an example, using the same red color in various spots around the painting. Nice work. I have tried a couple palette knife paintings and I really like how they get me thinking "loose." I think I need to do more.

Thanks for posting. RR

Jelaine Faunce said...

Ahhh, to be there myself. You've captured it beautifully.

Dana Cooper said...

I always enlarge the photos of your paintings so I can see the knifestrokes...fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning simple composition. Great color scheme as well! Keep it coming!

Celeste Bergin said...

love love love the graphic quality of these paintings. They are painterly and graphic at the same time. love them!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Another good painting. So, Leslie, you live in Pasadena and paint boats. Are you driving to the ocean every day?

Kathleen Krucoff said...

I just love your color palette in this one Leslie. Very nice!

Gary Keimig said...

very nice Leslie.
Great knife work

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

your knife work is fresh and sharp. This looks like a batik. LOVE the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails