The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Banana Boat

Pin It
"Banana Boat"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas board
$150.00 unframed.

The minute I saw this boat, I knew it would make a great painting. The yellow color was amazing and the reflections were so clear and beautiful in the water. I toned down the color a bit as I was fearful that the painting would look like a banana. Of course, I couldn't resist using that in the title ...

11 comments:

Bobbi Heath said...

Really nice! I like the trailing yellow reflection especially. Best wishes on your show.

julie davis said...

Love the yellows, though, Leslie. Such a happy painting, and the reflections are so playful.

Leslie Saeta said...

Bobbi and Julie - Thanks so much. I don't paint with yellow too often so I have really tried to use it more in my palette. It's a fun color to paint with!

David Westerfield said...

You were right about the boat. Great colors.

Marian Fortunati said...

I need to know.... (really)
WHERE do you see all of these boats???

Karen Bruson said...

Leslie, Great little painting! Love the yellow and blue together. The dark yellow of the back of the boat is really nice gray.

Pam Holnback said...

I love the title! It's good to paint w/ colors outside our comfort zone

Sandra Galda said...

wow love the colors here...and the title of course!

Carolina said...

Great painting, beautiful contrasting colors!
Well chosen...

Jala Pfaff said...

Very nice.

Tammy Hext said...

Stunning painting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails