The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Chinatown

Pin It
Chinatown, Oil, 8" x 10"
This painting is for sale.

The California Art Club hosted a paint out in Chinatown a few weekends ago and I missed it. My middle son was pitching at his high school baseball game and I didn't want to miss his game. I really wanted to attend because a dear friend of ours, George Yu, was hosting the event. George is Executive Director of the Chinatown Business Improvement District and they were working in conjunction with the CAC to plan this wonderful event. I heard from some of my artist friends that the event was wonderful! Also, while I was suffering on jury duty, George was kind enough to pick me up at the courthouse and treat me to lunch in Chinatown!
In George's honor I have painted my own Chinatown painting. I hope you all like it. The colors were really fun to paint!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky guy George is!!!
Love those colors and as always love your palette knife style!

You certainly have your priorities straight!! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Lovely painting, colours and nice thick paint.

Karen said...

I love city scenes! And in this one, the way you've balanced the business of the signs/buildings with that expanse of blue sky is really great.

Leslie Saeta said...

Marian and Karen,
Thanks ladies for your comments. This was a fun one to paint and I hope George likes it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails