The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dave's Favorite Painting

Pin It
Dave's Barn Oil, 10" x 8"
I painted this painting while attending a workshop with Marc Hanson in Minnesota. I will never forget the week I spent in Minnesota ... and the fact that I got on a plane and flew to Minneapolis, drove three hours through the countryside and stayed a week in a town with basically one "main" street, no cell service and no Starbucks! I remember calling Dave (my husband) as I was driving through Minnesota and asking him "What am I doing and why am I here?".
Of course the week was fantastic, Marc was a great instructor and I learned a lot! This was my first "real" workshop and amazingly enough, the boys back home survived without me. I have taken four other workshops since but decided last year that I really just need to paint. Practice makes perfect ... well not perfect ... it just makes you better!
So Dave loves this painting and it is hanging in our family room. Maybe I should paint more barns (and less boats)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely barn. Great use of color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails